Hong Kong Entry Restrictions Related to the COVID-19 Pandemic
Travel restrictions have been imposed in Hong Kong to control the spread of coronavirus. The restrictions can be summarized as follows:
Main Content List:
- Restrictions on Entering
- Compulsory Quarantine
- ⛔ Starting from January 27, 2020, Hong Kong Special Administrative Region of the People's Republic of China has banned Hubei residents as well as Non - Hong Kong residents who have visited Hubei Province in the past 14 days from entering.
- ⛔ Starting from March 25, 2020 until further notice:
- All Non - Hong Kong residents coming from foreign countries and regions by plane are not allowed to enter Hong Kong;
- Non - Hong Kong resident coming from the Mainland, Macau and Taiwan are not allowed to enter Hong Kong in case they have visited any other overseas country and region in the past 14 days. Here, Non - Hong Kong residents include residents from Mainland China, Taiwan, Macau and overseas countries.
- ⚠ Inbound tourists, including Hong Kong residents and Non - Hong Kong residents from the Mainland, Macau and Taiwan are required to go and stay at the designated places such as home and other accommodations to undertake compulsory quarantine before they are allowed to enter Hong Kong. However, the exempted persons under the "Compulsory Quarantine of Certain Persons Arriving at Hong Kong Regulation" are exceptions to this rule.
- ⚠ Hong Kong residents who have visited any overseas country and region in the past 14 days must undertake compulsory quarantine. However, exempted persons under the "Compulsory Quarantine of Certain Persons Arriving at Hong Kong from Foreign Places Regulation" are exceptions to this rule.
For exemption from Compulsory Quarantine Arrangement for inbound travellers from Foreign Places, please check the official information through the link below:
Note please, we build this web page with purpose to help tourists worldwide to plan their travels to Hong Kong. We would advise you check through the official website of Center of Health Protection of Hong Kong Special Administrative Region on this link https://www.chp.gov.hk/en/ For more detailed and authoritative information on entry restrictions of Hong Kong.